Leave No Trace.
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Leave what you find.
- Minimize campfire impacts.
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.
- Motorized and mechanized equipment is prohibited in Wilderness.
Tell someone your trip plan.
- Destination, route, transportation.
- When leaving and returning.
- Who is on the trip.
- Gauge trail difficulty to personal fitness.
- Check the forecast.
- Proper shoes and clothing (decide cotton, wool, or synthetics). For the summer, take a breathable windbreaker/rain jacket, leather boots, and long quick-dry pants because of often scratchy brush and dusty trails.
- Sun protection.
- Be off peaks by afternoon to avoid lightning.
- Notice where you are. Look back often.